[engels] informele brief

Moderators: ArcherBarry, Fuzzwood

[engels] informele brief

Ik weet dat het niks te maken heeft met wetenschap maar ik ga toch om hulp vragen. Ik heb een engels informele brief gemaakt maar ik ben bang dat er nog kleine fouten in zitten. Ik denk dat de meeste hier goed engels kunnen en daarom wil ik jullie vragen of jullie de fouten uit mijn brief kunnen halen. Ik hoop dat jullie voor deze ene keer iemand gaan helpen buiten het gebied van wetenschap. Ik heb jullie hulp echt nodig en vandaag nog ook. Alvast bedankt voor de moeite

Dear Angela,

How are you? I’m very happy to receive you’re letter, I had been waiting for it because I send my letter to you before Christmas, I was almost thinking that you forgot me.

I’m very busy with school these days, because I have test week and I need to learn a lot to get good grades. Dutch is going good I have a 7 for that so I don’t have to concentrate on it, but I think math’s going to be difficult and I need to get a good score for that one. Same for biology and German, but the rest is going good.

I probably don’t need to tell you that next week is Valentines Day. And I still think that you where the one who send me that beautiful valentine card, even though you won’t admit it. Besides that I got many more cards from unknown lovers. But this year it will be different because I’m going on a ski vacancy in Austria and that’s the week before Valentines Day so I don’t expect to get many cards and other valentine crap. But I’m very excited about the vacancy, because I’m going with a lot of friends so its going to be a lot of fun.

Do you also have a spring break? If so what are you going to do? I’m also curious about your progress at school. You’re also in the second last year at high school. And do you have plans for the summer vacation? I don’t have them at the moment so I was hoping that maybe I could meet you again then or sooner, whatever suits you.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Yours faithfully, Erhan

Re: [engels] informele brief

Alvast wat ernstiger foutjes:

Voor het blauwe woord kun je beter vertalen vanaf studeren ipv vanaf leren.

PS: wat is je schoolniveau?

Dear Angela,

How are you? I’m very happy to receive you’re letter, I had been waiting for it because I send my letter to you before Christmas, I was almost thinking that you forgot me.

I’m very busy with school these days, because I have test week and I need to learn a lot to get good grades. Dutch is going good I have a 7 for that so I don’t have to concentrate on it, but I think math’s going to be difficult and I need to get a good score for that one. Same for biology and German, but the rest is going good.

I probably don’t need to tell you that next week is Valentines Day. And I still think that you where the one who send me that beautiful valentine card, even though you won’t admit it. Besides that I got many more cards from unknown lovers. But this year it will be different because I’m going on a ski vacancy in Austria and that’s the week before Valentines Day so I don’t expect to get many cards and other valentine crap. But I’m very excited about the vacancy, because I’m going with a lot of friends so its going to be a lot of fun.

Do you also have a spring break? If so what are you going to do? I’m also curious about your progress at school. You’re also in the second last year at high school. And do you have plans for the summer vacation? I don’t have them at the moment so I was hoping that maybe I could meet you again then or sooner, whatever suits you.

Yours faithfully, Erhan
ALS WIJ JE GEHOLPEN HEBBEN...
help ons dan eiwitten vouwen, en help mee ziekten als kanker en zo te bestrijden in de vrije tijd van je chip...
http://www.wetenscha...showtopic=59270

Heel erg bedankt :D . Ik zit nu in Vwo 5. Engels is niet mijn beste kant ik hou meer van wetenschappelike vakken zoals natuurkunde, wiskunde en scheikunde. En zitten er geen andere fouten dan die ?

vond er nog een paar:

And I still think that you where the one who

Valentines Day

Échte fouten verder niet geloof ik. Om te zeggen dat het overal Engels Engels is, dat nou ook weer niet. Geen topprestatie voor VWO 5, maar het zal ermee door kunnen denk ik?
ALS WIJ JE GEHOLPEN HEBBEN...
help ons dan eiwitten vouwen, en help mee ziekten als kanker en zo te bestrijden in de vrije tijd van je chip...
http://www.wetenscha...showtopic=59270

Grammatica en zinnen moeten kloppen. Er moeten geen fouten in zitten. Ik ga het morgen inleveren en ik hoop dat het wel een voldoende wordt. Ik mag maar 4 fouten maken in deze brief.

Dear Angela,

How are you? I'm very happy with your letter. As I had send my letter to you before Christmas, I had been anxiously waiting for your reply. I almost thought that you had forgotten me.

I’m very busy with school these days, because I have exam week and I need to learn a lot to get good grades. Dutch is going well. I got a 7 for that so I don’t have to concentrate on it anymore, but I think math’s going to be difficult and I need to get a good score for that one. Same for biology and German, but the rest is going well.

I probably don’t need to tell you that next week is Valentine's Day. I still think that you were the one who send me that beautiful Valentine's card even though you won’t admit it. Apart from that one I got many more cards from unknown lovers. But this year it will be different because I’m going on a ski vacation in Austria in the week before Valentine's Day so I don’t expect to get many cards and other Valentine crap. I’m very excited about the vacation however, because I’m going with a lot of friends so I expect it to be a lot of fun.

Do you also have a spring break? If so, what are you going to do? I’m also curious about your progress at school. You’re also in the year before last in high school.

Do you have plans for the summer vacation? I haven't made plans yet so I was hoping that maybe I could meet you again then or perhaps even sooner, whatever suits you best.

Love,

Erhan
and theres nothing left worth knowing

And its time you should be going

While you see a chance take it

Grammatica en zinnen moeten kloppen. Er moeten geen fouten in zitten. Ik ga het morgen inleveren en ik hoop dat het wel een voldoende wordt. Ik mag maar 4 fouten maken in deze brief.
4 fouten is erg weinig, dat zie ik de gemiddelde Brit nog niet presteren.

Een paar zinnen zijn erg krom geformuleerd. Die tweede zin zou ik veel soepeler maken, iets in de trant van:

'I'm very happy that I got your letter! I almost thought you forgot about me because I haven't heard from you since I sent you that letter before Christmas.

Volgens mij is het ook: last year in high school
I don’t have them
Zou ik zeggen als: I don't have any.

Er zijn zo nog een paar andere zinnen die een beetje krom klinken.
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pluimdrager

Volgens mij is het ook: last year in high school
Je moet inderdaad in gebruiken. Zelf zou ik verder in plaats van high school secondary school gebruiken.
"Mathematics is a gigantic intellectual construction, very difficult, if not impossible, to view in its entirety." Armand Borel

Over het algemeen mag men in een brief nooit "I'm" of "haven't" gebruiken. Altijd "I am" of "have not". Verder vind ik de hele brief erg Amerikaans. Het woord 'vacation' wordt in Engeland niet gebruikt, het is 'holiday'. De interpunctie is ook niet echt je dat.

Verder (de meeste fouten zijn al vermeld, dus ik beperk me maar tot een aantal):

I probably don’t need to tell you that next week is Valentines Day. And I still think that you where the one who send me that beautiful valentine card, even though you won’t admit it. Besides that I got many more cards from unknown lovers (allemaal bedpartners?). But this year it will be different because I’m going on a ski vacancy (vacature?) in Austria and that’s the week before Valentines Day so I don’t expect to get many cards and other valentine crap (een four-letter word is zeer zeer laakbaar). But I’m very excited about the vacancy, because I’m going with a lot of friends so its going to be a lot of fun.

Yours faithfully (alleen in formele brieven, ander alleen 'yours' of 'yours sincerely', Erhan
Contra principia negantem disputari non potest.

Beste allemaal,

Binnenkort heb ik een SE Engels brief schrijven en dit is niet mijn sterkste punt.

Ik heb dus wat geoefend maar ben kan mezelf natuurlijk niet volledig corrigeren.

Ik hoop dat iemand dat hier op wetenschapsforum kan doen.

Kan het namelijk niet zo goed vinden met me Engels docent.

Sta open voor elke tip, verbetering of opmerking...

Alvast bedankt,

Dear Susan,

Yesterday late in the evening I have been arrived at my home and te first thing what I am doing today is writing you this letter. My trip back to home was pretty pleasant. The boat from Harwicht to Hoek van Holland was 60 minutes late and the sea was pretty wild. Fortunately I do not became ill and I was verry happy at the moment when I can put my both feets on land. My mother and father have picked me up when the boat arrived at Hoek van Holland. We have come home at eleven o'clock.

Thanks again for the pleasant weeks with you in Wales. During breakfast I have enthusiastic told my parents about everything. I told them the most about you two crazy dogs. I also told them about the trips in your neighbourhood. I was so enthusiastic that my parents have got the plan to go on holiday to Wales.

My mother said that you can stay at our place for a few weeks next year after my final examination. Then we can visit Rotterdam and Amsterdam and we can sail at the Biesbosch. I think your parents will not make a problem of this suggestion.

This afternoon I will go to the record shop and will buy the CD which you love so much. I hope that the shop has the CD because the CD is a few years old. If the shop has the CD I will send it to you as soon as possible. If it is possible I hope you will receive the CD before your birthday.

I hope you will write me back as soon as possible about your opinion of my mothers suggestion.

Yours,

Kees

Pluimdrager

*ik geef hieronder de tekst met de nodige correcties weer*

Dear Susan,

Yesterday late in the evening I arrived at my home and the first thing that I am doing today is writing you this letter.

*Yesterday verwijst naar het verleden, en omdat het gisteravond thuiskomen geen verband houdt met het nu gebruik je de Simple Past.*

My trip back home was pretty pleasant. The boat from Harwich to Hook of Holland was 60 minutes late and the sea was pretty wild.

*Dit is met elkaar in tegenspraak. Je zou wel kunnen zeggen: My trip back home was pretty pleasant, although the boat from Harwich to Hook of Holland was 60 minutes late and the sea was pretty wild.*

Fortunately I did not become ill and I was verry happy at the moment when I could put both my feet on land. My mother and father picked me up when the boat arrived at Hook of Holland. We came home at eleven o'clock.

Thanks again for the pleasant weeks with you in Wales. During breakfast I enthusiastically told my parents about everything. I told them most about your two crazy dogs.

*you is een persoonlijk voornaamwoord, maar je moet hier het bezittelijk voornaamwoord your gebruiken*

I also told them about the trips in your neighbourhood. I was so enthusiastic that my parents got the plan to go on holiday to Wales.

My mother said that you can stay at our place for a few weeks next year after my final examination. Then we can visit Rotterdam and Amsterdam and we can sail at the Biesbosch. I think your parents will not make a problem of this suggestion.

This afternoon I will go to the record shop and will buy the CD which you love so much. I hope that the shop has the CD because the CD is a few years old. If the shop has the CD I will send it to you as soon as possible. If it is possible I hope you will receive the CD before your birthday.

I hope you will write me back as soon as possible about your opinion of my mother's suggestion.

Yours,

Kees
"Mathematics is a gigantic intellectual construction, very difficult, if not impossible, to view in its entirety." Armand Borel

Aanvullinkje,
This afternoon I will go to the record shop and will buy the CD which you love so much.
Ik zou zeggen: 'This afternoon I will go....to buy the CD you love so much' Loopt iets lekkerder. Which

is een beetje overbodig hier and twee keer will ook.
I hope that the shop has the CD because the CD is a few years old. If the shop has the CD I will send it to you as soon as possible.
'I hope they'll have it' klinkt iets informeler. Je kunt dan verder gaan met: 'If so, I will send....'
If it is possible I hope you will receive the CD before your birthday.
Beetje rare constructie. 'If it's possible' wordt meer gebruikt in verzoeken, zou ik hier gewoon weglaten.
I hope you will write me back as soon as possible about your opinion of my mother's suggestion.
Tijd zoveel mogelijk achteraan is het devies meestal. 'Opinion about' is informeler. Dus dan krijg je zoiets als:

'I hope you will write me back with your opinion about my mother's suggestion as soon as possible'

Daarnaast zou ik een beetje oppassen met bijna elke hoofd- en bijzin te beginnen met 'I'. Komt over als het Nederlandse, en toen....en toen....en toen.

Heel erg bedankt voor jullie snelle reacties.

Ik heb inmiddels weer een nieuwe brief geschreven en hoop dat ik nogmaals op jullie hulp kan vertrouwen.

Dear Deborah,

Last week I received your adress of a classmate. She did not have enough time to correspond with you but she knew that I already a few months was looking for a correspondancemate.

First of all I want to tell you something about myself. I live in Breevoort, a small village in the middle of the Netherlands. I am sixteen years old and have a younger sister and a older brother. My father is Dutch teacher and my mother is part-time dentist's assistant.

Breevoort is a small village where 4000 people live. There is not a secondary school so I have to cycle every day 30 minutes. I want to buy a scooter so I am very economical with money. My mother do not want that I buy a scooter because she do not like scooters.

My name is Mark and I think that your suspicion that I am a boy is correct. You wrote in your advertisement that you did not have a preference. Right now I am doing 'VWO'. You can compare 'VWO' in the Netherlands with Grammar School in England. My schoolsubjects are: Dutch, English, French, Deutch, mathematic, chemistry and physics.

I also love music, sport and reading books. What are your favourite books? Thrillers like Rosemary's Baby and A Kiss Before Dying are my favourite books. What is your musicstyle? I love every musicstyle and I also like light classic.

I this letter I told something about myself. If you want to be my correspondancemate I hope that you will tell something about yourself in your next letter. I hope I will receive your letter as soon as possible.

Yours,

Mark de Winter

Last week I received your adress of a classmate.
address is met dubbel-d en dubbel-s, daarnaast zou ik the address zeggen ipv your address
She did not have enough time to correspond with you but she knew that I already a few months was looking for a correspondancemate.
Ook hier weer, tijd zoveel mogelijk achteraan als het mogelijk is: ....that I was looking for somebody to

correspond with since a couple of months...

Correspondancemate bestaat niet. Already is een beetje overbodig, voegt niets toe. A couple of

gebruik ik persoonlijk liever, is ook iets informeler, maar few is niet fout.
First of all I want to tell you something about myself. I live in Breevoort, a small village in the middle of the Netherlands. I am sixteen years old and have a younger sister and a older brother. My father is Dutch teacher and my mother is part-time dentist's assistant.
Lijkt me oké, alleen is het: my father is a Dutch teacher en dental assistant
My mother do not want that I buy a scooter because she do not like scooters.
My mother doesn't want me to buy....she doesn't like...
My name is Mark and I think that your suspicion that I am a boy is correct.
Zou ik zeggen: ...your suspicions about me being a boy are correct...

Weet niet of wat jij hebt geschreven echt fout is.
What is your musicstyle?
Style of music
In this letter I told something about myself.

Pluimdrager

Zelf zou ik in plaats van "my father is a Dutch teacher" voor "my father teaches Dutch" kiezen. Je zou "my father is a Dutch teacher" kunnen interpreteren als: mijn vader is een leraar met de Nederlandse nationaliteit, maar dat wordt hier uiteraard niet bedoeld.

Reageer