Barnacles' sticky secret revealed
Geplaatst op 16 oktober 2009 - 15:30
Barnacles are able to attach themselves to almost anything.
They are found clinging to the hulls of ships, the sides of rock pools and even to the skin of whales.
Just how they stick so steadfastly whilst underwater has remained a biochemical puzzle for scientists for many years.
Now researchers have solved this mystery, showing that barnacle glue binds together exactly the same way as human blood does when it clots.
"Invisible Pink Unicorns are beings of great spiritual power. We know this because they are capable of being invisible and pink at the same time. Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them."
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- min. wanddikte pijp onder vacuum 24-02 1
- Cl volgens mohr in grond, kan... 24-02 1
- Ijzerbepaling in Ferro fumaraat 24-02 2
- NIR apparaat 24-02 1
- Neerslag in NaOH oplossing me... 24-02 3
- U/mL 24-02 2
- hoeveel hectare eikenbos? 23-02 1
- Help constructie berekening 23-02 1
- Arcsin van de sin van 3 is ni... 23-02 16
- Snelheid van een trillende massa 23-02 8