Raw climate data to be made available by weather agencies
The world weather agencies have agreed to collect more precise temperature data under a proposal from the UK's Met Office.The proposal asks climate scientists around the world to measure land surface temperatures as often as several times a day, and allow independent scrutiny of the data—a move that would go some way toward answering demands by skeptics for access to the raw figures used to predict climate change.
"This effort will ensure that the datasets are completely robust and that all methods are transparent," said the Met Office in a release statement. The agency added that "any such analysis does not undermine the existing independent datasets that all reflect a warming trend."
The proposal was approved in principle by some 150 delegates meeting under the auspices of the World Meteorological Organization this week in Antalya, Turkey.
Klimaat instituten maken meetgegevens vrij verkrijgbaar
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Coomassie brilliant blue G-250 14:31
- distributie elektro in de woo... 10:08 4
- min. wanddikte pijp onder vacuum 24-02 4
- Cl volgens mohr in grond, kan... 24-02 1
- Ijzerbepaling in Ferro fumaraat 24-02 4
- NIR apparaat 24-02 1
- Neerslag in NaOH oplossing me... 24-02 3
- U/mL 24-02 2
- hoeveel hectare eikenbos? 23-02 1
- Help constructie berekening 23-02 2