Shortcut Through Eyelid Gives Surgeons Less-Invasive Approach to Fix Brain Fluid Leaks
Surgeons at Johns Hopkins have safely and effectively operated inside the brains of a dozen patients by making a small entry incision through the natural creases of an eyelid to reach the skull and deep brain.
They say access to the skull and brain through either lid, formally known as a transpalpebral orbitofrontal craniotomy, sharply contrasts with the more laborious, physically damaging and invasive, traditional means of entry used in brain surgery that requires opening the top half of the skull.
"Going through the eyelid offers a simpler, more direct route to the middle and front regions of the brain than traditional skull-based surgery," says lead study investigator and facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Kofi Boahene, M.D. "This minimally invasive approach also avoids the major head trauma typically associated with brain surgery."
Lees verder: http://www.scienceda...t=Google Reader
Shortcut through eyelid gives surgeons less-invasive approach to fix brain fluid leaks
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- hoeveel hectare eikenbos? 23-02 1
- Help constructie berekening 23-02 1
- Arcsin van de sin van 3 is ni... 23-02 15
- Snelheid van een trillende massa 23-02 6
- Proef van Melde verbanden uit... 23-02 1
- is pi 3,14 23-02 4
- Java: Bord met knopjes 23-02 2
- Kracht door massastroom. 23-02 1
- Java knopjes met deuntjes pl... 23-02 1
- Saccharomyces sp G21 23-02 1