Biochar Can Offset 1.8 Billion Metric Tons of Carbon Emissions Annually
As much as 12 percent of the world's human-caused greenhouse gas emissions could be sustainably offset by producing biochar, a charcoal-like substance made from plants and other organic materials. That's more than what could be offset if the same plants and materials were burned to generate energy, concludes a study published August 10 in the journal Nature Communications.
"These calculations show that biochar can play a significant role in the solution for the planet's climate change challenge," said study co-author Jim Amonette, a soil chemist at the Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. "Biochar offers one of the few ways we can create power while decreasing carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. And it improves food production in the world's poorest regions by increasing soil fertility. It's an amazing tool."
Lees verder: http://www.scienceda...t=Google Reader
bron: Science Daily
Biochar can offset 1.8 billion metric tons of carbon emissions annually
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Tussenwaardestelling - contin... 18-01 1
- Thermodynamica - Cilinder met... 18-01 2
- Thermodynamica-triple point 18-01 2
- Russische kerstverlichting 18-01
- Sterkteberekening 18-01 1
- Propositionele Logica Ridders... 18-01
- Kansrekenen 18-01 11
- Algebra ~ co÷rdinaten bepalen... 18-01 8
- Firefox crash bij openen pagi... 18-01 8
- Thermodynamica 18-01 1