Diamond Detectors Provide a Glimpse Into Artificial Suns
Unique Cherenkov detectors for measurements of electron beams in thermonuclear installations of the tokamak type are being developed at the Institute for Nuclear Studies in Świerk. Tests conducted this year in the Tore Supra tokamak in Cadarache, France revealed that the device constructed by Polish physicists might be useful for investigating the extreme physical conditions inside the largest present-day installations, which will form the basis of future fusion energy reactors, commonly known as artificial suns.
Cherenkov detectors for measurements of electron beams constructed at the Institute for Nuclear Studies (IPJ) in Świerk underwent tests in the French Tore Supra tokamak at the research centre in Cadarache, this year. Concluded several days ago, a recent series of experiments revealed that the scientists from IPJ are the only ones in the world who can built Cherenkov detectors that might be useful for investigating the extreme physical conditions in the immediate vicinity of plasma almost as hot as the one inside the Sun.
Lees verder: http://www.scienceda...01209105557.htm
Bron: Science Daily
Diamond detectors provide a glimpse into artificial suns
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Letterbreuken gelijknamig maken 19:23 3
- Juiste molariteit van kaliump... 15:50 1
- Stochiometrie vraagstuk 15:22 2
- oppervlaktetraagheid Hiab-gie... 14:32
- adhesie en cohesie 13:55 4
- Riem- ketting overbrenging be... 24-10 1
- Bissectrice oefening 24-10 4
- Thermoplasten, kristalliniteit 24-10 2
- massa oxaalzuurdihydraat bere... 24-10 8
- Complexe getallen 24-10 5