C'est magnifique: LOFAR goes multi-national
For the first time, the signals from antenna stations of the giant radio telescope LOFAR in the Netherlands, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom have been simultaneously combined together in the LOFAR BlueGene/P supercomputer. This achievement makes the International LOFAR Telescope (ILT), an array with both excellent sensitivity, thanks to the 40 Dutch stations at the heart of the array, and excellent resolving power, thanks to its European dimensions out to 1000 km.
LOFAR, the Low Frequency Array, was built by ASTRON in the Netherlands. It is currently being extended to European dimensions with partners in France, Germany, Sweden, and the United Kingdom (the Swedish station awaits completion later this year). Combining the Dutch and international LOFAR signals together is an important milestone that truly unites the various stations into a new and powerful facility - the ILT.
Lees verder: http://www.astron.nl...-multi-national
C'est magnifique: lofar goes multi-national
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Atoomemissiespectrometrie 25-02 1
- Coomassie brilliant blue G-250 25-02
- distributie elektro in de woo... 25-02 6
- min. wanddikte pijp onder vacuum 24-02 9
- Cl volgens mohr in grond, kan... 24-02 1
- Ijzerbepaling in Ferro fumaraat 24-02 5
- NIR apparaat 24-02 1
- Neerslag in NaOH oplossing me... 24-02 3
- U/mL 24-02 2
- hoeveel hectare eikenbos? 23-02 1