Huge Decline in HIV Rates in Zimbabwe Driven by Fear of Infection, Says Study
The big drop in the numbers of people infected with HIV in Zimbabwe is because of mass social change, driven by fear of infection, according to an international study reported in the journal PLoS Medicine. The scientists unravelling the reasons behind this unexpected downturn now reveal what they hope are the most important lessons in the fight against the disease for the rest of Africa.
Zimbabwe's epidemic was one of the biggest in the world until the number of people infected with HIV in Zimbabwe almost halved, from 29% to 16%, between 1997 and 2007. Remarkably, this occurred against a background of massive social, political, and economic disruption in the country.
Lees verder: http://www.scienceda...10208171208.htm
Bron: Science Daily
Huge decline in hiv rates in zimbabwe driven by fear of infection, says study
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Atoomemissiespectrometrie 25-02 1
- Coomassie brilliant blue G-250 25-02
- distributie elektro in de woo... 25-02 6
- min. wanddikte pijp onder vacuum 24-02 9
- Cl volgens mohr in grond, kan... 24-02 1
- Ijzerbepaling in Ferro fumaraat 24-02 5
- NIR apparaat 24-02 1
- Neerslag in NaOH oplossing me... 24-02 3
- U/mL 24-02 2
- hoeveel hectare eikenbos? 23-02 1