25 Tesla, world-record 'split magnet' makes its debut
The world-record magnet is operating at 25 tesla, easily besting the 17.5 tesla French record set in 1991 for this type of magnet. ("Tesla," named for early 20th-century inventor and engineer Nikola Tesla, is a measurement of the strength of a magnetic field.) In addition to being 43 percent more powerful than the previous world best, the new magnet also has 1,500 times as much space at its center, allowing room for more flexible, varied experiments.
To offer some perspective on the strength of the new magnet, consider this: Twenty-five tesla is equal to a whopping 500,000 times the Earth's magnetic field. Imagine that much power focused on a very small space and you have some idea what the split magnet is capable of Ś and why both engineers and scientists at the magnet lab are so excited.
Lees verder: http://www.physorg.c...gnet-debut.html
25 tesla, world-record 'split magnet' makes its debut
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Tussenwaardestelling - contin... 18-01 1
- Thermodynamica - Cilinder met... 18-01 2
- Thermodynamica-triple point 18-01 2
- Russische kerstverlichting 18-01
- Sterkteberekening 18-01 1
- Propositionele Logica Ridders... 18-01
- Kansrekenen 18-01 11
- Algebra ~ co÷rdinaten bepalen... 18-01 8
- Firefox crash bij openen pagi... 18-01 8
- Thermodynamica 18-01 1