German E. Coli Code Cracked
Rapid, High-Tech Study of Ongoing Epidemic Creates New Paradigm for Outbreak
A team led by University of Maryland School of Medicine Institute for Genome Sciences researchers has unraveled the genomic code of the E. coli bacterium that caused the ongoing deadly outbreak in Germany that began in May 2011.
To date, 53 people have died in the outbreak that has sickened thousand in Germany, Sweden and the U.S. The paper, published July 27 in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), describes how researchers around the globe worked together to use cutting edge technology to sequence and analyze the genomics of E. coli samples from the outbreak as well as closely related strains in a matter of days. They combined those findings with their knowledge of the biology and evolution of the bacteria to learn more about the outbreak. The analysis occurred rapidly enough to inform the physicians treating people who were infected, and assisted epidemiologists as they raced to trace the source of the pathogen.
Lees verder: http://www.scienceda...10727171459.htm
Bron: Science Daily
German e. coli code cracked
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Zoutoplossing 110% 11:03
- Afscherming electrisch veld C... 05-12
- Enzympotentieel voor koolstof... 05-12
- Vorstbestendigheid / drukkrac... 05-12 2
- Wanddikte stalen buis op een... 05-12 1
- archimedesmeetkunde 05-12 3
- AllergieŽn - vaak verkeerd be... 05-12 1
- Eiwit denatureren met een Base 05-12
- Kan ik een lichtstraal uit ee... 05-12 2
- Verhoudings regelkring in een... 05-12 2