Mars craft looks set to crash to Earth
The future looks bleak for Phobos-GruntHopes are fading that Russian technicians will be able to fire the engines of the Phobos-Grunt spacecraft, which is currently stuck in Earth orbit. Launched last week, Phobos-Grunt was designed to travel to Mars' moon Phobos and return up to 200 g of its soil to Earth in a three-year trip. However, the spacecraft's engines failed to fire once it separated from the launch rocket.
Since then, technicians from Russia's Roscosmos space agency have being trying to establish contact with the spacecraft in an attempt to fire the engines and send it on its way. However, Phobos-Grunt is currently about 200 km above us in a rapidly decaying orbit – and could plummet to Earth before the New Year.
Lees verder: http://physicsworld....icle/news/47802
Bron: Physics World
Mars craft looks set to crash to earth
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- De ionen aantonen van 4 versc... 28-10 2
- [Cr(en)3]Cl3.3H2O complex 28-10
- wij kunnen de vijfde dimensie... 28-10
- oefeningen python 28-10 2
- functies en strings 28-10 1
- Sacromeren 28-10 1
- E=mc˛ 27-10 6
- Vind een date voor Jeremy, de... 27-10
- Nulwaarden of nulpunten bepal... 27-10 3
- Bacterie die methaan afbreekt... 27-10 2