Essay number 2

Moderators: ArcherBarry, Fuzzwood

Reageer

Essay number 2

Beste wsf-lid,

Ik ben weer 'ns druk bezig geweest met het schrijven van een essay, maar ik weet niet of ik ze goed maak.

Kan iemand een blik erop werpen en kijken of mijn engels schrijfvaardigheid enigzins goed is?

Bij voorbaat hartelijk dank.

Graffiti

The dreamjob of every vandalist.

As we can see on walls the past days, we see a big problem. Yes I know what you think: GRAFFITI. Some people call it worse than crime so do I. Graffiti is among the most prevalent crimes like vandalism and littering.

The youngsters of these days love to litter. Everyday I look at the corridors of the school and I see a bunch of mess. I cycle to home and I do see alot of graffiti paintings. It makes our beautifull city look more like a shantytown. Every corner filled with graffiti that’s not the way our beautifull metropolis should look a like.

To clean graffiti is hard. It takes a lot of men work to clean a wall with graffiti. With those menwork there is the issue of the money. We pay the workers, the workers are beeing paid with the taxes and the taxes are beeing paid by the people. So if you use graffiti, not only you pay for it but I pay for it too. So we need to encourage people to use less graffiti.

Furthermore, if you remove the graffiti they come back, how they manage that is still a question. I think it attracts more people. I think that they do see it as a challenge when you remove the graffiti. The challenge of painting the wall first. We need to get that thinking away from our children because this is worse than crime.

So using graffiti makes our beautifull city look like a shantytown. It’s hard to clean it and it makes it harder when people keep coming back to litter it after you cleaned it.

Re: Essay number 2

In de eerste regel zag ik al een aantal werkwoorden in de verkeerde tijdsvorm staan. Ook niet juiste werkwoorden.

Ga daar nog even naar kijken. Ook het woord vandalist in de titel moet je denk ik nog even naar kijken.

In welke klas zit je?

En om je niet zonder 'nuttig' antwoord te laten, een link voor je:

klikkerdeklik

Even een klein opstapje voor je.

Deze zinnen heb ik al voor je aangepast, als jij voor deze zinnen kan aangeven wat ik heb veranderd en waarom dan kan je de rest zelf ook redelijk verbeteren.

IF you have looked at the walls lately, you can see we have a big problem.

Yes I know what you are thinking: GRAFFITI.

Some people SAY IT IS worse than crime,so do I.

The youngsters nowadays love to litter.

In deze zin geef je aan dat er een verschil zit tussen graffiti en graffiti paintings, wees daar duidelijk in.

WHEN I RIDE home I see a lot of graffiti (paintings?).

GRAFFITI IS HARD TO CLEAN.

Deze zin hier is een wirwar van verschillende onderwerpen die je met IT aanduidt, neem een voorwerp wat je met IT aanduidt.

IT’s hard to clean and IT makes IT harder when people keep coming back to litter IT after you cleaned IT.

Dankjewel voor de link!

- Vandalist moet vandal zijn, echt een Nederlands vertaalfoutje.

- ''As we can see on walls the past days", hiermee dacht ik het feit dat iedereen het zag. Met "IF" wordt er beweerd DAT ALS je het hebt gezien. Maar met de if-vorm klinkt beter in de oren.

- "Yes I know what you think: GRAFFITI." Echt een beginnersfout, hier gebruik ik de present simple, terwijl degene niet altijd aan graffiti denkt. Hij/zij doet het op dit moment waardoor het present continious wordt.

- "Some people call it worse than crime so do I." Waarom is het niet call en say, is dat het verschil tussen call en say?

Call: met mobiel e.d. , say: zeggen?

- "of these days ": nowadays, maar kan je of these days ook gebruiken of klinkt dat slechter?

- "Deze zin hier is een wirwar van verschillende onderwerpen die je met IT aanduidt, neem een voorwerp wat je met IT aanduidt.

IT’s hard to clean and IT makes IT harder when people keep coming back to litter IT after you cleaned IT. "

Snap ik niet.

Deze zin hier is een wirwar, maar over welke zin gaat het? Die eronder volgt óf de 3e alinea?

Ik ga het herschrijven en letten op de tijden, repost ik het ook.

Graffiti

The dreamjob of every vandal.

If you have looked at the walls lately, you can see we have a big problem. Yes I know what you are thinking: GRAFFITI. Some people say it is worse than crime, so do I. Graffiti is among the most prevalent crimes like vandalism and littering.

The youngsters nowadays love to litter. Everyday I look at the corridors of the school and I see a bunch of mess. When I ride home I see a lot of graffiti . It makes our beautifull city look more like a shantytown. Every corner filled with graffiti that’s not the way our beautifull metropolis should look a like.

Graffiti is hard to clean. It takes a lot of men work to clean a wall with graffiti. With those menwork there is the issue of money. We pay the workers, the workers are being paid with the taxes and the taxes are being paid by the taxpayers. So while you are using graffiti, not only you pay for it but I and others pay for it too. We need to encourage people to use less graffiti.

Furthermore, removing graffiti is a tough job. You are trying to clean it but it keeps coming back. How they manage that is still a question. I think it attracts more people. I think that they do see it as a challenge when you remove the graffiti. The challenge of using your graffiti on the wall first. We need to get that think-style gone from our children because this is worse than crime.

So using graffiti makes our beautifull city look like a shantytown. It’s hard to clean graffiti and cleaning graffiti makes it harder when people keep coming back to litter the walls after you cleaned it.

~Getracht te verbeteren.

Graffiti

If you have looked at the walls lately, you can see we have a big problem. Yes I know what you are thinking: GRAFFITI. Some people say it is worse than crime, so do I. Graffiti is among the most prevalent crimes like vandalism and littering.

The youngsters nowadays love to litter. Everyday I look at the corridors of the school and I see a bunch of mess. When I ride home I see a lot of graffiti . It makes our beautifull city look more like a shantytown. Every corner filled with graffiti that’s not the way our beautifull metropolis should look a like.

Graffiti is hard to clean. It takes a lot of men work to clean a wall with graffiti. With those menwork there is the issue of money. We pay the workers, the workers are being paid with the taxes and the taxes are being paid by the taxpayers. So while you are using graffiti, not only you pay for it but I and others pay for it too. We need to encourage people to use less graffiti.

Furthermore, removing graffiti is a tough job. You are trying to clean it but it keeps coming back. How they manage that is still a question. I think it attracts more people. I think that they do see it as a challenge when you remove the graffiti. The challenge of using your graffiti on the wall first. We need to get that think-style gone from our children because this is worse than crime.

So using graffiti makes our beautifull city look like a shantytown. It’s hard to clean graffiti and cleaning graffiti makes it harder when people keep coming back to litter the walls after you cleaned it.
ALS WIJ JE GEHOLPEN HEBBEN...
help ons dan eiwitten vouwen, en help mee ziekten als kanker en zo te bestrijden in de vrije tijd van je chip...
http://www.wetenscha...showtopic=59270

Nog wat kleine verbeteringen:

- The youngsters nowadays love to litter - "The" weglaten, waarom weet ik niet precies, maar als native speaker klinkt dat beter.

- that’s - moet zijn "that is" en it's moet zijn it is - in geschreven tekst nooit samentrekken, altijd voluit schrijven.

- I think that they do see it as a - alleen do gebruiken in deze zin als het de bedoeling is dat daar ook echt de klemtoon op wordt gelegd, in dit geval lijkt me dat I think (that) they see it as a... het juiste is.
Contra principia negantem disputari non potest.

in de zin 'everyday i look at the corridors.... " wek je de suggestie dat je elke dag kijkt. Daar kan je beter nog iets veranderen, Everyday when I look... klinkt mij beter.

Helaas kan ik Engels niet uitleggen, ik heb er slechts een redelijk gevoel voor.

Verder zijn in de post hierboven een aantal fouten rood aangegeven, ik zie nog wel aantal dingen die ook zou veranderen maar op zich ben je daarmee al een eind geholpen.

Is het dan "When I look at THE corridors of THE school"?

Of: "When I look at corridors of school"?

Wanneer gebruik je wel "The" en wanneer niet?

Graffiti

Youngsters nowadays love to litter. When I look at the corridors of the school and I see a load of mess. When I ride home I see a lot of graffiti . It makes our beautiful city look more like a shantytown. Every corner filled with graffiti that is not the way our beautiful metropolis should look like.

Graffiti is hard to clean. It takes a lot of work to clean a wall with graffiti. With those work there is the issue of money. We pay the workers, the workers are being paid with the taxes and the taxes are being paid by the taxpayers. So while you are making use of graffiti, not only you pay for it but I and others pay for it too. We need to encourage people to make them stop on ruining our walls.

Furthermore, removing graffiti is a tough job. You are trying to clean it but it keeps coming back. How they manage that is still a question. I think it attracts more people. I think that they see it as a challenge when you remove the graffiti. The challenge of using your graffiti on the wall first. We need to get that style of thinking gone from our children because this is worse than crime.

So using graffiti makes our beautiful city look like a shantytown. It is hard to clean graffiti and cleaning graffiti makes it harder when people keep coming back to litter the walls after you cleaned it.

~Getracht te verbeteren

@ Jan van de Velde,

Waarom is use/using steeds rood gekleurd dat snap ik eventjes niet.

En als het hier betreft om het vaak gebruiken van een specifiek woord, hoe kan ik dat dan vervangen. Ik ken geen synoniemen voor use.

- De verbeteringen zijn óf onderstreept óf vet.

When I look at the corridors of the school and I see a load of mess

Als je die zin vertaald kom je ongeveer uit op:

Wanneer ik naar de gangen van de school kijk en zie ik een hoop rotzooi.

Er klopt iets niet in deze zin zoals je kan zien aan de vertaling.

a load of mess ben ik zelf ook niet echt van overtuigd dat dat correct engels is.

With those work there is the issue of money.

met die werk is er het geldprobleem.

It takes a lot of work to clean a wall with graffiti, with that comes the issue of money.

So while you are making use of graffiti, not only DO you pay for it but I and others pay for it too.

Je tekst is al een stuk beter dan eerst, zie je dat zelf ook? Let goed op wat er verbetert is en waarom, dan kan je hier een hoop van leren.

When I look at the corridors of the school I do see a lot of mess

Is het dan "When I look at THE corridors of THE school"?

Of: "When I look at corridors of school"?

Want ik heb hier ook mijn twijfels over.

Wanneer gebruik je wel "The" en wanneer niet?

Volgens mijn gebruik je ''the'' als het om de inhoud gaat én niet als het om de gebouw zelf, heb ik nou mis?

When I look at the corridors 'of the'/'at' school I see a lot of mess.

het verschil tussen 'of the' en 'at' zou in het Nederlands zijn: de gangen van de school of de gangen op school.

je kan ook my school gebruiken, dan geef je duidelijk aan dat het om jouw school gaat.

Als iemand dit ook even zou willen bevestigen, want zoals ik al zei, ik doe het op gevoel. Mijn engels is ook niet foutloos :)

Reageer