US collider finds further evidence of Higgs boson
Final Data From U.S. Collider Show Hints of Higgs Boson
The hunt for the Higgs boson, the most sought-after particle in physics and the key to physicists' explanation of how all particles get their mass, is heating to a boil. This week, scientists working with an atom smasher in the United States called the Tevatron, which shut down in September 2011, reported that, having analyzed all the data they'll ever get, they see hints of the Higgs. The signs are not strong enough to clinch a discovery, but they jibe nicely with hints reported last year by researchers working with Europe's higher-energy Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
The result "doesn't make me more convinced [that the Higgs is there], because I'm already convinced," says Gordon Kane, a theorist at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. "But I hope it makes a larger fraction of the audience out there convinced."
Lees verder: http://news.sciencem...-from-us-c.html
Us collider finds further evidence of higgs boson
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Metaplasie naar dysplasie 16:02
- Dimensioneren balk 15:08 3
- Oefening waarin de afgeleide... 15:08 3
- Dode herten 14:50 1
- genetica opgave 12:57 6
- Atoomemissiespectrometrie 25-02 1
- Coomassie brilliant blue G-250 25-02
- distributie elektro in de woo... 25-02 7
- min. wanddikte pijp onder vacuum 24-02 10
- Cl volgens mohr in grond, kan... 24-02 1