Springen naar inhoud

Believers Flock to 'Crying' Virgin Mary.

lngr

lngr

• >250 berichten
  • 449 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 27 november 2005 - 20:52

By JULIET WILLIAMS, Associated Press Writer  
Sun Nov 27, 3:23 AM ET

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Carrying rosary beads and cameras, the faithful have been coming in a steady stream to a church on the outskirts of Sacramento for a glimpse of what some are calling a miracle: A statue of the Virgin Mary they say has begun crying a substance that looks like blood.  

It was first noticed more than a week ago, when a priest at the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church spotted a stain on the statue's face and wiped it away. Before Mass on Nov. 20, people again noticed a reddish substance near the eyes of the white concrete statue outside the small church, said Ky Truong, 56, a parishioner.

Since then, Truong said he has been at the church day and night, so emotional he can't even work. He believes the tears are a sign.

"There's a big event in the future — earthquake, flood, a disease," Truong said. "We're very sad."

On Saturday, tables in front of the fenced-in statue were jammed with potted plants, bouquets of roses and candles. Some people prayed silently, while others sang hymns and hugged their children. An elderly woman in a wheelchair wept near the front of the crowd.

A red trail could be seen from the side of the statue's left eye to about halfway down the robe of concrete.

"I think that it's incredible. It's a miracle. Why is she doing it? Is it something bothering her?" asked Maria Vasquez, 35, who drove with her parents and three children from Stockton, about 50 miles south of Sacramento.

Thousands of such incidents are reported around the world each year, though many turn out to be hoaxes or natural phenomena.

The Diocese of Sacramento has so far not commented on the statue, and the two priests affiliated with the church did not return a telephone message Saturday.

The Rev. James Murphy, deacon of the diocese's mother church, the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, said church leaders are always skeptical at first.

"For people individually seeing things through the eyes of faith, something like this can be meaningful. As for whether it is supernatural or a miracle, normally these incidences are not. Miracles are possible, of course," Murphy said. "The bishop is just waiting and seeing what happens. They will be moving very slowly."

But seeing the statue in person left no doubt for Martin Operario, 60, who drove about 100 miles from Hayward. He took photos to show to family and friends.

"I don't know how to express what I'm feeling," Operario said. "Since religion is the mother of believing, then I believe."

Nuns Anna Bui and Rosa Hoang, members of the Salesian Sisters of San Francisco, also made the trek Saturday. Whether the weeping statue is declared a miracle or not, they said, it is already doing good by awakening people to the faith and reminding them to pray.

"It's a call for us to change ourselves, to love one another," Hoang said.

http://news.yahoo.co.../statue_s_tears

Ongelooflijk. Ik vraag me af waarom ze huilt.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!!!
Homer Simpson

Dit forum kan gratis blijven vanwege banners als deze. Door te registeren zal de onderstaande banner overigens verdwijnen.

Hopper

Hopper

• >100 berichten
  • 134 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 27 november 2005 - 21:29

Omdat ze niet weet hoe ze moet lachen :roll:

lngr

lngr

• >250 berichten
  • 449 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 27 november 2005 - 21:44

Gij negeert dit overduidelijke teken van god?
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!!!
Homer Simpson

• Gast

Geplaatst op 27 november 2005 - 22:24

:roll: gemanipuleerde bullshit

ZonnTroLL

ZonnTroLL

• >250 berichten
  • 710 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 27 november 2005 - 23:04

En als et nie gemanipuleerd is, is et water vermengd met roest of iets dergelijks.
De mens is een dier dat met zijn voorpoten Bach speelt.

Kyran

Kyran

• >25 berichten
  • 85 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 28 november 2005 - 07:56

"It's a call for us to change ourselves, to love one another,"

Vreemd dat men een 'huilend' beeldje nodig heeft om tot dit inzicht te komen. Hebben ze de Bijbel ooit wel goed gelezen?

ZonnTroLL

ZonnTroLL

• >250 berichten
  • 710 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 29 november 2005 - 21:53

"There's a big event in the future — earthquake, flood, a disease," Truong said. "We're very sad."

in ruil daarvoor: een 'bloedttraantje' van een beeld, fantastisch!
De mens is een dier dat met zijn voorpoten Bach speelt.

lngr

lngr

• >250 berichten
  • 449 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 29 november 2005 - 22:58

Wat mij fascineert is dat niet 1 van die mensen ook maar 1 seconde denkt: 'hmm, zou het, heel misschien, als ik erg sceptisch zou zijn, en cynisch, en even niet te veel aan de bijbel denk, zou het dan, in dat geval, heeeeeel misschien mogelijk kunnen zijn dat dit misschien iets anders is dan een teken van De Heilige Moeder/ Onze Vader?
Homer Simpson

Sado

Sado

• >100 berichten
  • 126 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 30 november 2005 - 09:57

Wat mij fascineert is dat niet 1 van die mensen ook maar 1 seconde denkt: 'hmm, zou het, heel misschien, als ik erg sceptisch zou zijn, en cynisch, en even niet te veel aan de bijbel denk, zou het dan, in dat geval, heeeeeel misschien mogelijk kunnen zijn dat dit misschien iets anders is dan een teken van De Heilige Moeder/ Onze Vader?

Nee.

En het is ook géén teken van Allah.

Chriis

Chriis

• >250 berichten
  • 664 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 30 november 2005 - 12:05

Ongelooflijk. Ik vraag me af waarom ze huilt.

Misschien huilt ze omdat ze gezien wordt als iets wat ze niet is, maagd?

The Virgin Birth Fraud
The most colossal blunder of the Septuagint translators, the mistranslation of the original Hebrew text of Isaiah, 7.14, allowed deceitful early Christians to concoct their infamous prophecy that somehow the ancient Jewish text presaged the miraculous birth of their own godman.

The Hebrew original says:
   'Hinneh ha-almah harah ve-yeldeth ben ve-karath shem-o immanuel.'
   Honestly translated, the verse reads:
   'Behold, the young woman has conceived — and bears a son and calls his name Immanuel.'

The Greek-speaking translators of Hebrew scripture (in 3rd century B.C. Alexandria) slipped up and translated 'almah' (young woman) into the Greek 'parthenos' (virgin). The Hebrew word for virgin would have been 'betulah.' The slip did not matter at the time, for in context, Isaiah’s prophesy – set in the 8th century BC but probably written in the 5th – had been given as reassurance to King Ahaz of Judah that his royal line would survive, despite the ongoing siege of Jerusalem by the Syrians. And it did. In other words, the prophesy had nothing to do with events in Judaea eight hundred years into the future!

Justin ‘Martyr’, a pagan Greek from Palestine, fled to Ephesus at the time of Bar Kochbar’s revolt (132 -135 AD). He joined the growing Christian community and found himself competing with the priests of Artemis, an eternally virgin goddess. Justin successfully overcame the sentiments of established Christians and had Mary, mother of Jesus, declared a virgin, citing his Greek copy of Isaiah as 'evidence' of scriptural prescience. The Greek priest who then forged the 'Gospel according to St. Matthew' went one stage further, taking the word 'harah' – in Hebrew a past or perfect tense – and switched it into a future tense to arrive at:

'Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel.'
   (Matthew 1.23)

All this to arrive at the monstrous fiction that ancient scripture foretold of the arrival of an infant actually called Jesus!

http://www.jesusneve...d.com/lying.htm
http://members.tripo...irth_Fraud.html
http://atheism.about..._virginmary.htm
http://www.newadvent...then/01326c.htm

Het lijkt me toch vrij duidelijk? Toch kan ik maar schrikbarend weinig bronnen vinden.

lngr

lngr

• >250 berichten
  • 449 berichten
  • Ervaren gebruiker

Geplaatst op 30 november 2005 - 16:35

maagd

Bijbel zegt: Maria ontving haar zoon van de heilige geest. Zij is niet bevlekt.

Rationeel wezen: Aha, dan klopt dat verhaal waarschijnlijk niet, want zulks is vrij onwaarschijnlijk. Ik heb wat meer bewijzen nodig dan een verzonnen verhaaltje in een boekwerk om dit te geloven.

Christen: Zie hier, een bewijs van Gods kracht. God alleen kan zulks bewerkstelligen.
Homer Simpson

0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers

Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!

Gesponsorde vacatures

Vacatures