[engels] Fouten verbeteren presentatie?

Moderators: ArcherBarry, Fuzzwood

Reageer

Fouten verbeteren presentatie?

Hoi!

Zou iemand de fouten er uit willen halen? Dit is een Engelse presentatie over het boek Extremely loud & incredibly close :P

Author

I’m going to tell you about the book Extremely loud and incredibly close, by Jonathan Safran Foer. The autor was born in Washington D.C., in 1977. He’s an Jewish-American author. His first novel, Everything is illuminated, was published in 2002. His last novel, Extremely loud & incredibly close, the one I’m going to talk about, was published in 2005.

Summary

The story is about a 9-year-old boy, Oskar Shell. Oscar has an active imagination, which wants to connect things and make beautiful things true. His was father killed in the World Trade centre attacks. A year later, he finds a key in his father’s closet. It was in an envelope labelled Black. He went looking for everyone with the last name Black in New York. The point of this quest is to bring him closer to his lost father.

Main characters

The main character is Oskar Shell, but his grandfather and grandmother play a very important part too. All three of them tell their own story, and at the end their stories all come together. Oscar is a nine-year-old boy, who’s lost his father. He is an inventor, letter-writer, somewhat different that the average child, an amateur detective, and to me he is a very intelligent boy. His grandmother loves her grandson Oscar, and tells us the story of how she met her husband. Her husband, Oscar’s grandfather, is mute, which means he can’t speak. He’s lost the ability of speech after his first wife and unborn child had died.

Narration & point of view

At he beginning, we look through the eyes of the main character, Oscar Shell. Later on, his grandfather and grandmther write several letters. In those letters, his grandfather and grandmother are the one you read the story through.

What makes it interesting

Oscar is a very talented, curious, inventing boy, who knows a lot of interesting facts. For instance, he tells in the book that there are more people alive now, than there have died, which means that if we’d all want to play Hamlet at the same time, that wouldn’t be possible, because there are not enough skulls for everybody. These little facts seem unimportant, but they make the story much more interesting and funny too. Another thing is that you don’t understand everything at the beginning. Of course, this is usually the case in books, but in this book there are several surprising discoveries about his family, which I won’t talk about in case I spoil the plot for future-readers, that really makes you keep reading it.

Why I selected it

I selected the book, because it had been recommended to me by several people. I was told it was a very funny and simultaneously incredibly sad story. I thought I’d give it a try, and I’m grateful I did, because it was indeed hilarious and moving at the same time.

Short review

At last my opinion about the book. I really liked it. Everything was described in a wonderful way. There are many pictures in it, about things that happen in the book. I’m not used to pictures in books, so this was pretty remarkable. There has been made a movie, which came out in 2011. It was an incredible experience to read this book. I’m grateful I’ve chosen to read it. This was my presentation.

Re: Fouten verbeteren presentatie?

Hieronder in rood aangegeven de verbeteringen. Vergeet niet dat je in één stuk of de tegenwoordige of de verleden tijd moet gebruiken en dit dan ook consequent moet volhouden doorheen het hele stuk, behalve als het, zoals in de derde zin van alinea 2, in het boek in het verleden is gebeurd. Ik heb dit in alinea 2 verbeterd, maar ga nog even de rest van de tekst door.

Je noemt de hoofdfiguren consequent ‘main characters’, maar in het Engels is dat de ‘protagonist’. Verbeter dat even door het stuk heen. Over het algemeen vind ik dat je een goed en samenhangend verslag hebt gemaakt.

aminasisic schreef: ma 16 apr 2012, 22:16
Author

I’m going to tell you about the book Extremely loud and incredibly close, by Jonathan Safran Foer. The author was born in Washington D.C., in 1977. He’s a Jewish-American author. His first novel, Everything is illuminated, was published in 2002. His last novel, Extremely loud & incredibly close, the one I’m going to talk about, was published in 2005.

Summary

The story is about a 9-year-old boy, Oskar Shell. Oscar has an active imagination, which wants to connect things and make beautiful things true. His father was killed in the World Trade Centre attacks. A year later, he finds a key in his father’s closet. It is in an envelope labelled Black. He goes looking for everyone with the last name Black in New York. The point of this quest is to bring him closer to his lost father.

Main characters

The main character is Oskar Shell, but his grandfather and grandmother play a very important part too. All three of them tell their own story, and at the end their stories all come together. Oscar is a nine-year-old boy, who lost his father. He is an inventor, letter-writer, somewhat different than the average child, an amateur detective, and to me he seems a very intelligent boy. His grandmother loves her grandson Oscar, and tells us the story of how she met her husband. Her husband, Oscar’s grandfather, is mute, which means he can’t speak. He lost the ability of speech after his first wife and unborn child had died.

Narration & point of view

At he beginning, we are looking through the eyes of the main character, Oscar Shell. Later on, his grandfather and grandmther write several letters. In those letters, his grandfather and grandmother are the ones through whose eyes you read the story.

What makes it interesting

Oscar is a very talented, curious, inventive boy, who knows a lot of interesting facts. For instance, he tells in the book that there are more people alive now, than there have died, which means that if we’d all want to play Hamlet at the same time, that wouldn’t be possible, because there are not enough skulls for everybody. These little facts seem unimportant, but they make the story much more interesting and funny too. Another thing is that you don’t understand everything at the beginning. Of course, this is usually the case in books, but in this book there are several surprising discoveries about his family, which I won’t talk about in case I spoil the plot for future-readers, that really makes you keep reading it.

Why I selected it

I selected the book, because it had been recommended to me by several people. I was told it was a very funny and simultaneously incredibly sad story. I thought I’d give it a try, and I’m grateful I did, because it was indeed hilarious and moving at the same time.

Short review

Finally, my opinion about the book. I really liked it. Everything was described in a wonderful way. There are many pictures in it, about things that happen in the book. I’m not used to pictures in books, so this was pretty remarkable. A movie has been made of it, which was released in 2011. It was an incredible experience to read this book. I’m grateful I chose to read it.

Thank you for listening to my presentation.
Contra principia negantem disputari non potest.

Re: Fouten verbeteren presentatie?

Bedankt Rhiannon! Ik zie dat er aardig wat slorigheidsfoutjes in zaten. :P De verbeteringen op de werkwoordstijden vond ik heel fijn, want daar ben ik niet zo goed in.

Reageer