Mako

Mako

• >1k berichten
  • 1146 berichten
  • VIP

Geplaatst op 01 september 2012 - 14:59

A Millimeter-Scale, Wirelessly Powered Cardiac Device

Geplaatste afbeelding

A team of engineers at Stanford has demonstrated the feasibility of a super-small, implantable cardiac device that gets its power not from batteries, but from radio waves transmitted from outside the body. The implanted device is contained in a cube just eight-tenths of a millimeter in radius. It could fit on the head of pin.

The findings were published in the journal Applied Physics Letters. In their paper, the researchers demonstrated wireless power transfer to a millimeter-sized device implanted five centimeters inside the chest on the surface of the heart -- a depth once thought out of reach for wireless power transmission.

Her device works by a combination inductive and radiative transmission of power. Both are types of electromagnetic transfer in which a transmitter sends radio waves to a coil of wire inside the body. The radio waves produce an electrical current in the coil sufficient to operate a small device.

Lees hier het volledige artikel.
Bron
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.
I hear, I know. I see, I remember. I do, I understand -Confucius-

Dit forum kan gratis blijven vanwege banners als deze. Door te registeren zal de onderstaande banner overigens verdwijnen.

0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers

Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!

Gesponsorde vacatures

Vacatures