[scheikunde] zuurstofgehalte bepalen water - Winkler

Moderators: ArcherBarry, Fuzzwood

Reageer

zuurstofgehalte bepalen water - Winkler

iemand die me hierbij misschien kan helpen?

heb geen idee wat de reactievgl'en hiervan juist zouden zijn
Bijlagen
foto (1).JPG
foto (1).JPG (150.69 KiB) 709 keer bekeken
foto.JPG
foto.JPG (130.17 KiB) 718 keer bekeken

Re: zuurstofgehalte bepalen water - Winkler

Opmerking moderator

@L_L: kan je je experiment en vraag iets specifieker beschrijven?

Weinig mensen zullen zonder reden het volledig protocol doorlopen. Waar loop je vast? En belangrijk; wat heb je zelf al bedacht?
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

op het internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winkler_te ... ved_oxygen) vind ik:

In the first step, manganese(II) sulfate (at 48% of the total volume) is added to an environmental water sample. Next, potassium iodide (15% in potassium hydroxide 70%) is added to create a pinkish-brown precipitate. In the alkaline solution, dissolved oxygen will oxidize manganese(II) ions to the tetravalent state.

2 MnSO4(s) + O2(aq) → 2 MnO(OH)2(s)

MnO(OH)2 appears as a brown precipitate. There is some confusion about whether the oxidised manganese is tetravalent or trivalent. Some sources claim that Mn(OH)3 is the brown precipitate, but hydrated MnO2 may also give the brown colour.

4 Mn(OH)2(s) + O2(aq) + 2 H2O → 4 Mn(OH)3(s)

The second part of the Winkler test reduces (acidifies) the solution. The precipitate will dissolve back into solution. The acid facilitates the conversion by the brown, Manganese-containing precipitate of the Iodide ion into elemental Iodine.

The Mn(SO4)2 formed by the acid converts the iodide ions into iodine, itself being reduced back to manganese(II) ions in an acidic medium.

Mn(SO4)2 + 2 I(aq) → Mn2+(aq) + I2(aq) + 2 SO42–(aq)

Thiosulfate is used, with a starch indicator, to titrate the iodine.

2 S2O32–(aq) + I2 → S4O62–(aq) + 2 I(aq)

maar begrijp niet goed waarom de Mn(SO4)2reageert met I- terwijl we Mn(SO4)2ook in het begin van de reactie gebruiken

eigenlijk zoek ik vooral hoeveel S4O62–(aq) er overeenkomt met 1 O2

op wikipedia vind ik bv 1 mole of O2 → 2 moles of MnO(OH)2 → 2 mole of I2 → 4 mole of S2O32–

dus 4 mol (s2o3)^2- per mol o2

maar in andere bronnen kan ik andere aantallen vinden

Pluimdrager

maar begrijp niet goed waarom de Mn(SO4)2reageert met I- terwijl we Mn(SO4)2ook in het begin van de reactie gebruiken
Je begint met Mangaan(II)sulfaat MnSO4 wat door zuurstof wordt omgezet in mangaan(IV)sulfaat Mn(SO4)2
dus 4 mol S2O32- per mol O2
Dat klopt lijkt me maar wat zijn dan de andere verhoudingen die je gevonden hebt?

Reageer