Duke University engineers have developed a novel method for producing clean hydrogen, which could prove essential to weaning society off of fossil fuels and their environmental implications.
While hydrogen is ubiquitous in the environment, producing and collecting molecular hydrogen for transportation and industrial uses is expensive and complicated. Just as importantly, a byproduct of most current methods of producing hydrogen is carbon monoxide, which is toxic to humans and animals.
The Duke engineers, using a new catalytic approach, have shown in the laboratory that they can reduce carbon monoxide levels to nearly zero in the presence of hydrogen and the harmless byproducts of carbon dioxide and water. They also demonstrated that they could produce hydrogen by reforming fuel at much lower temperatures than conventional methods, which makes it a more practical option.
Engineers Devise New Way to Produce Clean Hydrogen
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Hoe werkt Hawking-straling? 19-02 2
- identificatie van fungi 19-02 5
- Energie schommel met stang en... 19-02 2
- n:n 19-02 5
- Bundeling van licht en daarna... 19-02 4
- Waarom is de spectraallijn va... 19-02 3
- Het berekenen van zwaartekracht. 19-02 4
- titratie met wilgenbast 19-02 23
- Verkiezingen 2017 analyses, s... 19-02 1
- Cookies blokkeren? 19-02 6