Nanobiotechnology-Manipulated Light Particles Used to Accelerate Algae Growth
Sureshkumar and Wani have discovered a method to make algae, which can be used in the production of biofuels, grow faster by manipulating light particles through the use of nanobiotechnology. By creating accelerated photosynthesis, algae will grow faster with minimal change in the ecological resources required. This method was published in Applied Physics Letters and recently highlighted in the journal Nature.
The SU team has developed a new bioreactor that can enhance algae growth. They accomplished this by utilizing nanoparticles that selectively scatter blue light, promoting algae metabolism. When the optimal combination of light and confined nanoparticle suspension configuration was used, the team was able to achieve growth enhancement of an algae sample of greater than 30 percent as compared to a control.
Lees verder: http://www.scienceda...t=Google Reader
Bron: Science Daily
Nanobiotechnology-manipulated light particles used to accelerate algae growth
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Ijsplateau op Antarctica 22:57
- Slagroomversteviger 19:37
- Warmtestroom door hout/glas 10:33 5
- Symmetrisch belast drieleidernet 10:22 2
- cumulatieve incidentie vs inc... 26-06
- Onderzoek deodorant 26-06 2
- in en uitgaan toeren? 25-06 2
- cumulatieve incidentie vs inc... 25-06 12
- alcoholpercentage wijn 25-06 7
- suiker massa% 25-06 1