Cylinders of silence cloak in 2D
Cylinders of silence
Researchers in the US have built the first practical device that can cloak an object from being detected by sound waves. The cloak, which is made from a cylindrical array of acoustic cavities, has been shown to operate in water at ultrasonic frequencies. The technology could in principle be adapted to cloak underwater objects from sonar.
Several research groups have already managed to build "invisibility cloaks" that hide objects from electromagnetic waves. Such cloaks are made from "metamaterials" – artificial structures with special optical properties such as negative indices of refraction. These structures are arranged such that incoming light waves flow smoothly around the cloak, joining up on the other side as if the cloak and object were not there.
'cylinders of silence' cloak in 2d
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- Studiekeuzestress (gnk en inf... 18-11 1
- Paardensprongprobleem 5x6 18-11
- Kans salmonella in rauwe eieren? 18-11
- Snelheid vliegtuig en snelhei... 18-11 17
- Zwenkbeveiliging kraan. 18-11
- Oefening op buffers 18-11 3
- Elektrische geleiding van onb... 18-11 5
- dit weekeinde spoorbrug Utrecht 18-11
- elektrochemische cel 17-11 1
- Verschillende dynamische bela... 17-11 5