Het verticale streepje op je toetsenbord

Moderator: Rhiannon

Reageer

Het verticale streepje op je toetsenbord

Met je toetsenbord kun je dit tekentje intypen:

|

Het verticale streepje noem ik het maar...

Op mijn computer is het één hele lijn,

maar op mijn toetsenbord zijn het twee losse lijnen

Dat ziet er ongeveer zo uit:

|

|

Wat motiveerde 'toetsenbordmakers' om van een geheel streepje twee korte streepjes te maken?

Re: Het verticale streepje op je toetsenbord

Ik denk dat dat gewoon is om onderscheid te maken met de i? In elk geval ziet de i er bij mijn toetsenbord gewoon uit als een verticaal streepje.
while(true){ Thread.sleep(60*1000/180); bang_bassdrum(); }

Ik denk dat dat gewoon is om onderscheid te maken met de i? In elk geval ziet de i er bij mijn toetsenbord gewoon uit als een verticaal streepje.
Bij de 2 toetsenborden hier in de buurt zijn ze op de ene gewoon allebei 2 verticale strepen, en bij de andere is de | in 2 delen.

Het is dus ook niet op alle toetsenborden zo.
What it all comes down to, is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet

And I've got one hand in my pocket and the other one is giving the peace sign

-Alanis Morisette-

The vertical bar (|) is a character with various uses in mathematics, where it can be used to represent absolute value, among others; in computing and programming; and in general typography, as a divider not unlike the interpunct. It may be called by various other names including the pipe (by the Unix community, referring to the I/O pipeline construct), Sheffer stroke (by computer or mathematic logicians), verti-bar, vbar, stick, vertical line, vertical slash, think colon, or divider line by others.

The broken bar (¦), also termed "parted rule" in Unicode documentation, is a separate character, but due to historical confusion between the two, computer keyboards and displays may not clearly or consistently differentiate them. The typical keyboard layout used in the United Kingdom features separate keys for vertical bar and broken bar; however, typically on Windows PCs the vertical bar key produces a broken-bar symbol. North American keyboards typically have a key bearing a broken-bar symbol, which produces a vertical bar. In the default console font on PC systems, the glyph used for the vertical bar character looks exactly like a broken bar.[1]
Bron: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_bar
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

The broken bar does not appear to have any clearly identified uses distinct from the vertical bar. (wiki)

hoe komen ze er op om een broken bar te 'verzinnen', als er al een symbool voor bestaat?

There seems to be no good information about the intended or actual usage of this character.
stuk over parted rule
"Meep meep meep." Beaker

There seems to be no good information about the intended or actual usage of this character.

Jammer.

Reageer