Physics World reveals its top 10 breakthroughs for 2011
The two physics stories that dominated the news in 2011 were questions rather than solid scientific results, namely "Do neutrinos travel faster than light?" and "Has the Higgs boson been found?". However, there have also been some fantastic bona fide research discoveries over the last 12 months, which made it difficult to decide on the Physics World 2011 Breakthrough of the Year.
But after much debate among the Physics World editorial team, this year's honour goes to Aephraim Steinberg and colleagues from the University of Toronto in Canada for their experimental work on the fundamentals of quantum mechanics. Using an emerging technique called "weak measurement", the team is the first to track the average paths of single photons passing through a Young's double-slit experiment – something that Steinberg says physicists had been "brainwashed" into thinking is impossible.
Lees verder: http://physicsworld....icle/news/48126
Physics world reveals its top 10 breakthroughs for 2011
0 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp
0 leden, 0 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers
Ook adverteren op onze website? Lees hier meer!
- Hier ook uw vacature? 06-14
- springstoffen + snelheid 14:34 1
- koperoxide naar kopercarbonaat 12:58 1
- bornkannen 12:25
- Evidence based medicine vraag 11:18
- kraken 00:22 2
- Significantie van 100% 24-06 3
- Interpretatie SPSS tabel van... 24-06
- Koolzuur in ijsthee 24-06 1
- verdeling m/v in onderzoek pe... 23-06 2
- Spanning berekenen 23-06 10