Afgesplitst van Nuttige links en verwijzingen en sticky gemaakt. Fire away people! Graag in dezelfde overzichtelijke opmaak als onderstaand bericht.
Persbericht Historisch Tijdschrift Leidschrift (www.leidschrift.nl)
Symposium 'Energy and Innovation in World-Historical Perspective'
10 juni 2006
Symposium 'Energy and Innovation in World-Historical Perspective - history, strategy, globalisation, world-politics, resources and the future -'
- prof.dr. Paolo Malanima (University of Naples): Energy-Systems in Early Modern Europe
- prof.dr. Joachim Radkau (University of Bielefeld): European Exceptionalism during the Industrial Revolution
- prof. John McNeill (Georgetown University, Washington): Energy as the driving force of 20th Century History
- prof.dr. Coby van der Linde (Head of Clingendael International Energy Programme, The Hague): Energy in a changing World
- dr. P. Boot (Director Energiestrategy and Usage, Ministry of Economic Affairs): Current Dutch and European policy conserning Energy and Usage
- prof. Victor Sergeev (Moscow University): 'Energy Politics? What and Why',
Followed by a debate led by Dr. Peer Vries (Leiden University)
~ June 10th 2006 9:00 – 17:00
~ Lipsius building, room 011
~ Costs: € 7,50 (including lunch and coffee/thee)
For more information and registration: www.energyhistory.nl, mailto:email@example.com NB: registration by June 1st.
How did the modern society become so dependent on energy?
In the symposium Energy and Innovation we explore the historical roots to this problem. How did our early modern ancestors in Europe get their Energy into their pre-industrial society? What exceptional role did Europe play in the Industrial Transformation that led to ever in creasing energy use and exponential population growth? What are the consequences of this enermous population growth and energy-use in the 20th century for humankind and its environment? What efforts have there been made so far to work for a sustainable solution?
After the lunch we will continue to explore the present international situation and see what we may learn from history. In the face of danger of depleting resources, what are the possible solutions and what solutions are already considered? What can we expect geopolitically in the coming years? In our focus on the role of Energy in a changing world we will pay special attention to current debates in Dutch politics.
There is a limited amount of seats, so please reserve a.s.a.p.
Veranderd door Lala, 23 mei 2007 - 15:54
Afgesplitst en sticky gemaakt.