Veel verschil tussen Portugees in Portugal en Brazilië?

Moderator: Rhiannon

Forumregels
(Middelbare) school-achtige vragen naar het forum "Huiswerk en Practica" a.u.b.
Zie eerst de Huiswerkbijsluiter

Re: Veel verschil tussen Portugees in Portugal en Brazili

Er wordt ook geen onderscheid gemaakt tussen geen enkele versie van de Engelse Taal (US, UK, Au, NZ, ...) in verband met functie benamingen.

Ergens blijkt er dus een reden (die ik niet kan beoordelen), belangrijk genoeg, om een onderscheid te maken tussen Braziliaanse en Portugese versies.

As African syntax is very close to Portuguese syntax, I'm afraid international documents written according to the new agreement will look Portuguese.
Dutch and Flemish syntax

According to a linguistics book (Politique et aménagement linguistique, three word orders are possible in Dutch:

(1) Past participle in 1st position: "... dat ze betaald zullen worden";

(2) Past participle in 2nd position: "... dat ze zullen worden betaald";

(3) Past participle in between: "... da ze zullen betaald worden".

Researchers found out that type 3 was the most used in Flanders in 1970. Type 1 and another (probably 2) were most frequent in the Netherlands. However, type 3 is "souvent présenté comme moins acceptable", i.e., less acceptable. I'm afraid it is about what the Dutch speakers call "werkwoordsvolgorde". European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese have a difference in word order. It concerns the position of the object form of the personal pronoun:

"Ela disse-me" [Port.], she told me

"Ela me disse" [Br.]

"Ele queixa-se" [Port.], he complains

"Ele se queixa" [Br.]

"Dá-me" [Por.], give me

"Me dá" [Br.]

But as "formele teksten en op school [only in textbooks!] wordt alles gebaseerd op het Portugees van Portugal", a text written according to the new spelling can look "formal" Brazilian Portuguese, too. By the way, Portuguese Ambassador Seixas da Costa wrote an article in which he didn't write according to the news rules and managed to avoid current spelling differences. It is available on http://embaixada-portugal-brasil.blogspot....-artigo-de.html

Seixa da Costa's article looks Brazilian, except for the following words or constructions:

"passar em claro" (clear), to go unnoticed

"passar em branco" (blank) [Br.]

"fazer um ... historial", to review

"fazer um ... histórico" [Br.]

"fazer (make) ... um parêntesis"

"abrir (open)... um parêntesis" (or "parêntese")

agentes editoriais, publishers

editores [Br.]

"...fasearem os impactos"

"... ? os impactos"

N.B.: This verb doesn't exist in Brazilian Portuguese but I understand what the Ambassador means by it.

"pela parte portuguesa", on the part of Portugal

"da parte de (of) Portugal" or, less commonly , da parte portuguesa" [Br.]

This construction sounds very Portuguese (and I'm afraid an educated Brazilian would never write it):

"A doutrina, nesse âmbito, divide-se muito".

The new reform will not affect the syntax. The detractors of the Acordo Ortográfico haven't take that into account yet.

"Het gesproken Portugees in Brazilië verschilt nogal van dat in Portugal" maar "Brazilianen spreken langzamer en duidelijker", merkt het Portugees-Nederlands woordenboek van Berlitz op.
What does that mean?

As the Portuguese ambassador himself recognized, there's "an incommunicability" - BRAZILIANS don't usually understand as the Portuguese speak. (When in Brazil, the Portuguese tend to speak more slowly and to pronounce some vowels they use to drop.) If you come to Brazil, you'll be surprised to see that the rare Portuguese films shown in Brazil have subtitles. Besides, Brazilians find Portuguese songs hard to understand.

Groeten,

Marcelo Pereira.

Reageer